This weekend was busy and fun. I had two photography sessions with a bride to be. One for a few shots in her wedding gown and the other session was for engagement pictures. Busy, busy. But the good kind of busy.
Little work was done on my lamp until today. Last week I did get it painted black, the base color I chose, so I could try to mimic a weathered zinc finish. Sorry, forgot to take a picture at this point. It took me awhile to decide on the zinc idea, so I kept procrastinating.
A few years ago I found this burlap covered lampshade at a thrift store.
I often buy lampshades that are interesting shapes, and sturdy with potential to be recovered. It is just so hard for me to pay as much as you have to for new lampshades. More often than not they are more expensive than my lamps. I had every intention of recovering this one. At that time the burlap didn't interest me, but now---I love it.
Out came the rusty trusty glue gun and some leftover black ribbon to add some umph to the shade. Also wanted to cover up a sort of old fashioned looking gold edge. I enjoyed this project while catching up on my DVR log.
I added some creamy paint with a wet and then dry rag until I achieved what *might* kinda sorta look like weathered zinc. : )
Lovely cozy lamp light. It's just right.