Friday, October 16, 2009

Quick Autumn wreath

I found this square wreath at Goodwill today for $1.71 and liked the shape.

I'm not too fond of hearts on things so I took all the trimmings off.

I then took this bag of potpourri that I bought on another trip to the GW for $1.51, opened it and hot glued items to the wreath.
It is very basic, not real frufru, and I like that!
squarewreath


And that folks, is my Autumn wreath in a jiffy!

Edited to add: I forgot to thank Robin from lolidots.com yesterday for the Best Blog award!!! Christina and I enjoy blogging and all the friends we have made in the process. Happy Friday everyone!

~Victoria~

7 comments:

Amelia said...

Square is unusual - but I like it...items added made it say "Fall".

Christina said...

Love the square shape-you know I do.

The additions are perfect. I'm with you on the hearts. Can't beat the price either.

Maybe you could cover the heart in pink glitter and put it on sweet girls pink tree. : )

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I love the square shape too. I usually snatch up any type of wreath I find at Goodwill/Salvation Army for a good price. It can always be re-purposed. :)

Roeshel said...

I love the square shape. Great job. Perfect for fall! ;)

Roeshel

Anonymous said...

Love your square wreath and what a great bargain on all the additions.

Gretchen
www.birdnestcottage.typepad.com

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Bravo, Victoria!!! This is absolutely adorable! Thinkin' outside the box. : )
And Christina, thanks for your sweet comment over at my place regarding 'Wed.s with Mom'. I, too, loved watching Andy Griffith and the Beaver. Good times!!
M.L.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What a great find! I've never seen a square one at my Goodwill (wish I had I'd take it home for sure)! Very cute!

Manuela