My hubby is off for the rest of this week. We are celebrating every minute of our time with him because he has been working crazy hours for months with little or no time off including weekends. We were out early this morning working on a garden. Great times for the most part. ; ) Sometimes, there are too many people telling too many people what to do. That's all I'll say about that. We decided to give him some alone time this afternoon while we picked strawberries. He likes his alone time too, and he has had little to none of that in the past few months either. He stopped by the store while he was out and picked up some yummy ingredients and decided to cook us dinner. He loves to cook and as crazy as it sounds, enjoys doing that in his down time.
So delicious. You will love this one.
TORTELLINI IN SPINACH -TOMATO CREAM SAUCE
- 1 jar (1 lb. 10 oz.) Chunky Pasta Sauce
- 1 2/3 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 package (15 oz.) cheese tortellini, cooked and drained
- 1 package steam in bag chopped frozen spinach
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- In 2-quart saucepan, simmer Pasta Sauce and cream over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until heated through. Steam frozen spinach according to directions. Add to sauce. Toss hot tortellini with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh basil.
Serve this with a salad and a full glass of iced tea with lemon or lime and it will delight your taste buds.
We finished this yummy meal off with a big bowl of strawberries with a dollop of freshly whipped cream on the side. I whipped the last bit of remaining cream left over from the pasta dish. Almost nothing is better than freshly picked strawberries.
Tonight we are having a lazy evening of family fun. I just have to ask if you all like The Andy Griffith show? We love it. Sitting back watching Andy while waiting for American Idol to come on. Tonight it will be down to the final three. Wonder who will go home? I'm thinking Kris or Allison. Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday evening.