Monday, June 23, 2008

It doesn't have to be perfect...


...to be beautiful! Inspired by the Nester I embarked on my own adventure in window mistreatments today.

First, I must tell you about myself and explain how big of a deal this is to me. Typically I wait for one of my sisters to come over and help me do any kind of home projects but this one I decided to do all by myself. I tend to be scared stiff that something won't turn out perfectly so I never even start. Even today, I have be honest and admit that if I thought I could have gotten one of my sisters to come help me do it I would have totally waited for them.

I must also admit that I bought this material at least 2+ years ago! At this point I am surprised I knew where the fabric was, but while moving items in our basement I came across it and decided to try my hand at it while sweet girl was napping today. So, armed with my trusty upholstery tacks from Lowes, my ring clips from Tarjay and my trusty tool bag my hubs gave me for Christmas I proceeded to hang the fabric in the playroom. Surprisingly it didn't take long and I am so glad I did it! Best part of all was my sweet girl when she got up from her nap. She walked into the playroom and said "look Mommy, these are beautiful". :)

Hopefully this will inspire me to try my hand at other projects and not be so stuck on it needing to be perfect.


2 comments:

The Nester said...

Standing ovation girl!!!

Congrats! You did a fantastic job!! Yes, perfectionism holds us back in SOOOOOOOO many ways--Flylady taught me that!

I find myself not doing things in my house because it might not look perfect, not wearing certain clothes because of that and so on!

What a great example to your children! Pretty room!

Victoria said...

A big, big thank you to the Nester for stopping by to comment on my curtains! She truly is an inspiration to so many.

Victoria