Sunday, March 1, 2009

We Interrupt Regularly Scheduled Programing to Say


It's snowing!!!

Ok, so that might not mean much to many of you, but in GA, it means a great deal.
Here stores run out of bread and milk and often the town closes down.







It's fun while it lasts. Or at least fun for a few hours. We don't own snow clothes or boots, so the kiddos are constantly coming in to get warm or to change out of wet jeans or socks. At that point, though fun for them, it starts to loose its appeal for me. : )

My son just came inside and said, "you know mom, for about an hour I wish we had snow all the time, and then I'm glad we don't." My dryer is full of wet clothes drying and then they will go out and the fun will start over again until they are soaked to the bone and ready for some cocoa.

Anyway, happy snow day Georgia!

7 comments:

Maisy said...

I know...I know...it just stinks for you. However, my heart beat a little faster for your kids. It' so much fun for them. I bet it's great packing snow too....the best kind. Great for snow balls, building a snow man and building snow forts.
Just make yourself a cup of tea, grab your favorite magazine, get your favorite blanket and snuggle up on the couch. Enjoy it...it won't last long.
Happy Sunday to you!

Darlene said...

That sounds just like my area of Oklahoma when it snows. I do LOVE seeing it though. Have fun while you can with it.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

It's not snowing here, but plenty cold, and I am in pretty south GA. Jackie

Amy said...

I love the SNOW!!! So excited to see it as well. I live in Georgia too!!!

Victoria said...

It was so much fun to watch the big beautiful flakes fall today! Sweet Girl LOVED throwing snowballs. :)

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Well, well, I see you received the present from us northern gals ~ SNOW!! Yup, we're tired of it and sending it all south to you ladies :)

Hint, if you don't have boots for the kids, have them put plastic bags between their shoes and boots. It works!! Keeps the socks dry.

Blessings,

Sher

Meg said...

That was such a beautiful day. I wish we had more like it.